Oraletta's Adventure

Being a member of the Family of God, which is both local and global; I would like to share specific issues about the adventure The Lord and I are on dealing with lung cancer. I want to do this so that those who are praying for me will be better informed.

Friday, March 14, 2008

A Much Needed Update

I WILL SAY TO THE LORD, "HE IS MY REFUGE AND MY FORTRESS, MY GOD, IN WHOM I TRUST." PS. 91: 2

Hello Dear Friends,
On March 6th. It was a very unusal morning. I woke up to the usual day and was so grateful , however it was not long before I knew that there was something wrong.
I noticed a tight swelling in my left upper thigh, so I took half of a pain pill and the pain did get getter. We had breaksfast as usual, Roosevelt went to the wood burner. While he was out side I went to the Attic to take a box of papers. " That's when things got real ugly". My breath was leaving me very fast, the next thing I knew I had fallen on the attic floor ( NOT DOWN THE ATTIC STEPS). IT WAS A VERY BAD FALL. HOWEVER I STILL WAS ABLE TO THINK. MY HEAD TOOk A TERRIBLE BLOW.

The one thought in my mind was you've got to get down the steps, so I was able to get the railing on the steps and get to the bottom, ( not falling). However, once I got to the bottom I did fall again. MY MAIN GOAL WAS TO GET TO ROOSEVELTS LOUNGE CHAIR WHAT WAS NOT TO FAR AWAY. " I needed to try and breath". By now Roosevelt is in the house, He realize I had fallen, I was so buy trying to breathe, however I did tell him I fell.

We called CCF and of course it was the emergency room, which was a "TRUE BLESSING FROM THE LORD HIMSELF". In all of my experience with cancer, one thing I've Learned. "GOD HAS HIS PLAN AND PURPOSE FOR ME, AND I AS GRATEFUL THAT HE IS IN CONTROL". NO MATTER WHAT.

In about an hour of being at the Clinic and many test ( they were moving fast), it was announced that they knew why I fell. I had blood clots in the left thigh, and both lungs. The doctor said it was life threathing, however as I began this blog " God is in control".

I hope that in the hospital I was encouraging to someone, and trust me that were others in much worst condition that I was.

I am grateful to "MY Lord" for life, and HIS PROTECTION.

I am now giving myself heparin shots twice a day, and taking coumandin once a day .

We will talk more at a later time. I think I am due for a nap.

Loving each of you with the Love of the Lord Jesus. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS, AND ALL THE WONDERFUL CARDS.

Oraletta ( for me and Rosey)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home