Oraletta's Adventure

Being a member of the Family of God, which is both local and global; I would like to share specific issues about the adventure The Lord and I are on dealing with lung cancer. I want to do this so that those who are praying for me will be better informed.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What a difference "A Day Makes"

Hello Loved Ones,
Last evening we had a wonderful time at Dante's on Rockside with the Parkside Staff for their Christmas Party. I was so glad to be there and had such a wonderful time.

The treatments at Cleveland Clinic are going well. The right hip will only be this week. The brain will be finished on Dec. 26th. I did receive the IV medication on Monday to strengthen the bones. So it seems that things are going well.
However, in just the matter of a day, MY ENERGY LEVEL HAS DROPPED BEYOND RECOGNITION.

When I first started treatment they gave me written instructions of "ALL THE THINGS TO EXPECT". Well I put the paper's to the side and I would read as I needed to know. There is a sheet on "Cancer-Related Fatigue (CRF). This is what it says.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FATIGUE AND TIREDNESS?
Fatigue is often confused with tiredness. Tiredness happens to everyone. It is an expected feeling after certain activities or at the end of the day. Usually, you know why you are tired, and a good night's sleep solves the problem.
Fatigue is a daily lack of energy; an unusual or excesive whole-body tiredness not relieved by sleep. It can be acute (lasting a month or less) or chronic (lasting for one month to six months or longer). Fatigue can prevent a person from functioning normally and affect a person's quality of life.

WHAT IS CANCER-RELATED FATIGUE?
Cancer-related fatigue (CRF) is one of the most common side effects of cancer and its treatment. It is not predictable by tumor type, treatment, or stage of illness. Usually, it comes on suddenly, does not result from activity or exertion, and is not relieved by rest or sleep. It is often described as "paralyzing." It might continue even after treatment is complete.

WHAT CAUSES CRF? The exact reason for CRF is unknown.

So now you have a lesson on CRF. That is where I am today.

Now, for one more item of interest, and then I am going to go lay down.

Yesterday I had to pick up the phone and renew my cell phone contract that will be expiring on Jan. 4th. So I did. The one thing I wanted to make sure that I kept was the "FREE INCOMING CALLS"... Well it was explained to me that "I NEVER HAD FREE INCOMING CALLS ON MY CELL PHONE". ONLY FROM THE VERIZON CUSTOMERS. I ALMOST FELL OFF MY CHAIR. I'VE NEVER HAD TO PAY EXTRA FOR MY CELL PHONE CALLS. The gentleman explained to me that it is because I am not an abusive cell phone user. I always have minutes left over every month. So yes, I have not had to pay for the calls.
So, we are back to the basic. You can still call me on my cell phone if you wish (216) 570-1285, OR YOU CAN CALL ME ON THE HOUSE PHONE (440) 708-0122. I DO WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU. I get such encouragement from talking to you all.

Loving Each of You with the Love of Jesus,

Oraletta (for us both)
Isa. 41:10

1 Comments:

  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Valerie said…

    Oraletta your journey has so much purpose and I am grateful to God that he is using you to show His Glory. Stand strong in victory because the Battle has already been won!
    James 1:1-3
    Consider it pure joy, my sister, whenever you face trials of many kinds.
    Because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
    Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home