Oraletta's Adventure

Being a member of the Family of God, which is both local and global; I would like to share specific issues about the adventure The Lord and I are on dealing with lung cancer. I want to do this so that those who are praying for me will be better informed.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Continued Journey

Hello Dear Ones,
The other day a dear friend sent me an e-mail of encourgement. She ended it with this reminder:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well perserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"

I'm sure that once I arrive at the gravesite this is really what I will be proclaiming! I just hope & pray that the Lord Jesus will be saying..."WELL DONE MY GOOD & FAITHFUL SERVANT".

I say all of this to say, my tests today showed that the cancer is back. This time in the bones in various places. So we are back to the journey again of "fighting cancer with PRAYER" (WHAT BETTER WAY).

I really felt so bad for my family. Roosevelt is just " fit to be tired" ( he is so down). Please pray for him.
The kid's are overwhelmed, but praying.
My doctor even had a rough time today with the not so good report.

As of today I am on Vicadon every six hrs. and advil in between to control the pain. Friday there will be more testing. I will give you an update after that. However, remember we are going out to have fun with friends on Friday night, and dessert & coffee. I am really looking forward to that.
So let's remember! even though it may seem like Midnight! Let's just keep Praising the Lord Jesus for He is Worthy to be Praised.

Loving Each of You,

Oraletta " Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am faint; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are in agony. (Ps. 6:2)

4 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    O - We will be praying for you. What a wonderful attitude you have - His light is definitely shining thrugh you.
    Much Love
    Jim & Kristina Risk
    James 1:2-3

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oraletta, your continuing bright testimony in the complex world of
    cancer makes my heart lighter and
    inspires me to consider how lucky
    I've been so far. Jesus has his
    prayer list at the ready, as do we. Our ultimate outcome is in
    his hands; we all know this, but
    living with unknown aspects of
    cancer can be daunting. I have yet to face any huge obstacle. I pray for God's grace to help me
    face it with faith and dignity.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    I LOVE YOU

    michael

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    I love you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home