Oraletta's Adventure

Being a member of the Family of God, which is both local and global; I would like to share specific issues about the adventure The Lord and I are on dealing with lung cancer. I want to do this so that those who are praying for me will be better informed.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Neulasta (filgrastim) shot

Today my "bou" (Dear Roosevelt)and I had a date to be at Cleveland Clinic downtown at 8:15am for this shot that I have to receive after each chemo treatment. The purpose of the shot is to stimulate the production of white blood cells. Hopefully to prevent infections due to low white blood cell counts.
I have to be careful during this period of time to avoid large crowds ( I won't be in church tomorrow), persons with colds can really be devastating, etc.
We enjoyed the ride downtown and each other. There was little traffic, lots of fog, the city was quiet, and I guess you could say the trip was rather romantic. If that darn console had not been in the middle we could have had a "cuddlie trip" :)
We were home by 9:00am and that included a stop at Marc's.

In my quietime this morning the prayer ended, "You give me life and breath, and every day is Your gift to me. thank You, Jesus". (How well do I relate to this).
One of the prayer ref. was: 2Cor.1:3-5 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Oraletta(for us both)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Dearest Sister Oraletta,
    Thank you for my birthday greetings. And thank you as well for the reminder that the joy Charles and I have goes against what the ruler of this world would want us to have. We had a wonderful time together and a tiny taste of what it will be like living in the same town together. God is very good to us.
    Please know that you are always in my prayers and I thank God for you each day and for eternity.
    Blessings and Love,
    Susan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home