Oraletta's Adventure

Being a member of the Family of God, which is both local and global; I would like to share specific issues about the adventure The Lord and I are on dealing with lung cancer. I want to do this so that those who are praying for me will be better informed.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Radiation & Chemo therapy starts June 28th. (Wed)

Dear Loved Ones & Prayer Partners,
Let's ALL fasten our seat belts and get ready for the "BIG TAKE OFF" on Wed. (June 28th). We have waited together for this day since April 24th.
We will be flying at about 60,000 feet with "high intense heat" from radiation and knocking out the roots of this cancer, and the chemo will be coming behind and spraying any agents left. This will be a "tough war", but guess what???????????

WE KNOW THE CAPTAIN OF THE WAR, HIS NAME IS JESUS. He has everything under control and will be handling all the artillary and doing all the aiming. We will be fighting the war on our knees as HE
single handed wins for us. He will use the medical team as His backup and handy guys.

Okay! everyone let's go... Let's pray.
1. that I not get neauseated, and if so that the medicine prescribed will do its job.
2. that I eat enough to keep the weight up ( I never thought I'd have this problem).
3. for protection of the esophagus (tube where you swollow) from radiation rays.
4. for protection of my skin.
5. for white blood cell count to stay up.

there are others, but right now I can't think of them. Remember we don't need too many details, we might get overwhelmed and confused.

In Him,
Oraletta
"For the battle if not yours, but God's" (2Ch.20:15)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oraletta: You are living out 2 Corinthians 12:9. I am
    encouraged and blessed to be your friend. The power of Christ is yours and He will see you through. We will praise His name together. My prayers are with you. I am available to help drive after July 3rd. We will be out of town.

    "And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well darling, here you go, and not alone. Not only will the King of Kings be with you, but we shall be with you in heart and in prayer. May He be your everything and Roosevelt's too. We love you, Heidi and Mike

     

Post a Comment

<< Home