Oraletta's Adventure

Being a member of the Family of God, which is both local and global; I would like to share specific issues about the adventure The Lord and I are on dealing with lung cancer. I want to do this so that those who are praying for me will be better informed.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Let's start at the beginning...

I had a "Dry Cough" for about three weeks. Considering that I was planning to go to China on May 16th. I thought it best to be checked out by a doctor before going away. My first visit to the doctor at Cleveland Clinic after having a chest x-ray taken showed a "plum size nodule" on the upper right lung.
Various test were done after this to determine a diagnosis. After a biopsy was done of the lung I received the final diagnosis on May 15th. that I have lung cancer. There is also one lymph node that is involved. My Dear husband (Roosevelt) did not take the news well at all. Needless to say the trip was cancelled, and now together Roosevelt & I wait to move forward with my treatment. The "Dry Cough" is almost gone.

On the first day that I saw the pulmonary doctor he asked me what I thought it was. I told him without wavering that I thought it was cancer. I do have a background of nursing. Once I received the final diagnosis, I was not surprised or shaken. I accept this assignment from the Lord as my portion for now. Before going to bed on the night of May 14th. I asked God to make it very clear to me if I was to get on the plane on May 16th. Once I received my report from the doctor, I went to my computer and e-mailed my friends that I was unable to make the trip. I have a Peace that surpasses all understanding. I truly am not dwelling on this "issue". I am completely TRUSTING GOD TO DO ALL THAT HE SAID HE WOULD DO. My biggest dilemma is to help others receive the news. They really do struggle.

On May 31st. I will see my oncologist for the first time. I will also have an MRI that same day. Then I will have info about treatment, etc.
Keep posted to this website for updates.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Oraletta:
    Boy that was sure fast. Charles got your page up and running before I got home from the Joy Care Luncheon.
    This is a great way to keep us informed and for us to communicate with you. You may be disappointed and not go to heaven soon. We are praying for healing and will see what God is going to do through your life. You are precious to me.

    Your "forever" friend,
    Mary Sue

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the info. I have a book for you so we will have to get together. Actually, a friend of mine along with another put this devotional together and another friend made contributions. They are all who have taken this same journey. You are such a tremendous encouragement to me!

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oraletta,

    The blog looks great!

    I want you to know that Susan and I are praying for you and Roosevelt. We are both confident in His love for you both and will be watching with great wonder as His hand guides you two through this adventure.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Morning Oraletta,

    It was certainly difficult to hear the news of the cancer, forgive me for my selfishness. I pray the Lord's healing hand upon your life and that you both would sense God's comforting peace too. May God's blessing be with you and Roosevelt in this day and onward...
    til that day ~ your sister in Christ, Kim Cannon

    (Lets chat soon)

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Oraletta,
    I love your website. You are amazing. Your trust and faithfulness in our Lord is so inspiring to us all. Thank you for your courage and steadfastness in your suffering. We love you and pray the Lord's healing touch upon you. Thank you Lord for this wonderful, wonderful Godly couple. Blessings to you and Roosevelt, Susie and family

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Megan M. Senthil said…

    Oraletta,
    I have never told you this, but before we actually met, I was very drawn to you, and I prayed that if it were God's will for us to meet, we would. Soon thereafter Rosa suggested the book club, and as it were, we met. I knew you would be an amazing woman, and have found that to be true in the short 1 year and five months I have got to know you. I am thankful for our book discussions, counseling discussions, walks and talks (and caramel cocoa). I feel I have many things to learn from you still, so I'm not sure you're going anywhere soon. However, to think of you walking with the Lord and holding my baby Asher, well, I can't imagine a greater peace. I thank you for the way you are ministering to others with your eyes fixed on Jesus and your trust in His promises. I love you Oraletta!
    Megan

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    My Dearest Sister in Christ,
    Oh, the Gulf of Uncertainty! If it were not for our Savior as our navigator we would surely be lost forevermore wouldn’t we? Praise and Glory be unto Him for His perfect will and time.

    I am so thankful to our Lord Jesus that I have met you sweet sister, Oraletta. What honor to lift you up before our King! It gives me great joy to see how His abiding presence within you bears such incredibly beautiful fruit for His kingdom.

    Thank you, Oraletta and Rosie, for loving and caring for my Charles, and allowing him to minister to you. It is a blessing in my heart to hear about your friendship and how God is moving in all of your lives. Since I cannot participate in this blessing first hand, I am ever thankful for this thing called “blogging”. I do look forward to the time when we can meet again and take the time to share all that God is saying and doing in our hearts over a cup of coffee. Until then, may God bless thee and keep thee.

    Because of His Grace,
    Susan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home