Oraletta's Adventure

Being a member of the Family of God, which is both local and global; I would like to share specific issues about the adventure The Lord and I are on dealing with lung cancer. I want to do this so that those who are praying for me will be better informed.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Final Diagnosis

Today Roosevelt & I arrived at the Cleveland Clinic as instructed at 5:00am ( we really arrived at 4:50am). We were checked in by the receptionist, then the nurses in Out Patient Surgery, and then we were notified that "my surgery had been bumped".
There was this dear patient in room 45 where my surgery was to be held that was having a "LUNG TRANSPLANT".
As I lay across the room waiting I COULD NOT HELP BUT PRAY FOR THIS DEAR PATIENT. The surgery had started in the middle of the night and did not end until about 10:30am or so. There were so many dedicated and tired medical team members working around that bed. So join me in praying that all will go well with that dear patient.

Now as for me. The diagnosis is final. I have non-small cell lung ca, stage 3. This I understand is the most common of lung cancers. I will rest this evening and tomorrow, and hope to hear from the doctors on Friday ( if not I will call the doctor).
Then we will see what the plan of treatment is.

So for now Dear Ones, I am okay from the procedure today, we have all that we need for now. I will go and rest. Please continue to pray. Now that we have a final diagnosis, let's pray for the proper treatment, and that it will not be to "harsh" on my body.

"YET THIS I CALL TO MIND AND THEREFORE I HAVE HOPE: BECAUSE OF THE LORD'S GREAT LOVE WE ARE NOT CONSUMED, FOR HIS COMPASSIONS NEVER FAIL. THEY ARE NEW EVERY MORNING; GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS. I SAY TO MYSELF, " THE LORD IS MY PORTION; THEREFORE I WILL WAIT FOR HIM." (Lam.3:21-24)

Oraletta (for us both)

P.S. I was Bless today to have ALL OF MY FORMER CO-WORKERS care of me. We had a wonderful time reflectioning back on old times. I am sort a glad my surgery was delayed.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You've got our hearts and our prayers, sister -- and brother, too.

    Much love!

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kim

    Thank God for his moving you directly to prayer for that lonely patient when your own diagnosis was put on hold, bless you.

    I think of how Paul, Peter and all the apostles were moved by the Holy Spirit to pray for God's will to be done in other individual's circumstances...just as we will for you both, Oraletta and Roosevelt.

    We have a great teacher, Our Lord Jesus. Amen.

    Have a restful weekend...Kim

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Oraletta, our hearts and prayers are with you daily and we look to Christ and His perfect plan for you and Roosevelt. May His grace and strength undergird you as you go through this valley and help you to keep your eyes on the cross. We love you so much and trust in His perfect care of you and wisdom for the docs as they prescribe their treatment and implement it.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our dear Brother and Sister in Christ, you are both in our prayers and the Church of Middle Bass is lifting you in prayer also. We pray God's mercy and His healing power into Oraletta's body so let our faith arise and trust fulling in our Lord for a Victory.

    In The Love of our Lord Jesus,

    Karl and Pat and the Middle Bass Church

     

Post a Comment

<< Home